Click here for other Volunteer Information
We are looking for members of the community who want to have a direct impact on promoting STEM education in Maine and New England. They will do so by rewarding the efforts of FIRST Robotic teams from all over Maine and the US in terms of robot design and construction quality, creativity of design, innovation, team organization, ability to promote STEM in the team’s school and greater community, team spirit and the many facets of what makes FIRST such a unique competition.
These teams will have spent 6 weeks after being given a novel game design in early January to:
- figure out how to play the game
- design a robot to play the game
- build the robot with strict design criteria to play the game
Our FRC Judges should:
- have backgrounds in science, technology and/or education
- be able to commit to spending Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13, from 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (breakfast for judges is 7 – 7:30 a.m.) for judging and rewarding high school students at Thomas College in Waterville
- want to share THEIR joy of STEM with these students
We look forward to working with you!
[a form will be added here]