Click here for other Volunteer Information
We are looking for members of the community who want to have a direct impact on promoting STEM education in Maine and New England. They will do so by rewarding the efforts of FIRST Robotic teams from all over Maine and the US in terms of robot design and construction quality, creativity of design, innovation, team organization, ability to promote STEM in the team’s school and greater community, team spirit and the many facets of what makes FIRST such a unique competition.
These teams will have spent 6 weeks after being given a novel game design in early January to:
- figure out their strategy for playing the announced game
- design a robot to implement their strategy
- build the robot within strict design criteria to play the game
Our FRC Judges should:
- Have backgrounds in science, technology and/or education and be at least 19 years old, though 23 or higher is preferred.
- Be able to commit to spending Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17, 2024, from 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (breakfast for judges is 7 – 7:30 a.m.) for judging and rewarding high school students at the Lewiston Colisee.
- Want to share THEIR joy of STEM with these students.
In my experience, Judges are awed and inspired by the accomplishments of the students they interview, and interviewing students and acknowledging their hard work is a great way to encourage them, regardless of the award decisions.
We look forward to working with you!